I’ve been working from home for some time now and have gotten into a pretty good routine that keeps me sane, healthy and happy.
- Create a schedule. You need to have a routine that you stick to starting with waking up at a decent time. You don’t have to commute to an office which is nice but you should still plan on waking up before 9AM
- Get dressed. A lot of people I know don’t get out of their pajamas when they work from home. This is a HUGE mistake. Get up, take a shower and get dressed as if you were going to your office. Maybe you can dress down a little bit and wear jeans instead of dress pants but put real pants on!
- Create a distraction free work space. If you have an home office now is the time to use it. Clean it up and get yourself setup like you would in your real office. If you need an extra monitor then go get one!
- Eat regular meals. When you get up have your breakfast like normal. For me that is usually just a protein bar and a glass of water. Eat a small but filling lunch to keep your body happy.
- Take breaks. I can’t stress this one enough. When you aren’t working from home you will often take breaks that you don’t even realize like: chatting with coworkers, going to get coffee. I often take breaks to stretch or walk around. The most important thing to do is stop working for a few minutes and remember that you need to recharge for just a few minutes.
I hope these tips help some of you if you are new to working from home. If you have any other tips feel free to add them below in the comments!